недеља, 15. април 2012.

I Wanted to Know More About My Culture!

I always felt like I don’t completely belong- I live in UK as my parents came here when I was child but we’re originally from India. I was raised to be very religious and conservative and growing up for me was a bit hard since I was surrounded with people of different cultural backgrounds. Growing up with different cultural values can be somewhat confusing to say the least and I was having a hard time in my teen years. Yes, I had Indian friends but I really wanted to learn more about the people back in India. All my friends were born and raised in UK and even though we shared the same outlook on life I always felt like something is missing.

Luckily, I managed to get rid of my frustration with a little help from my friends that I met at the Desi chat UK. I am not one of those people who are searching for love online and I didn’t find it, but it was easier for me to find friends since there were a lot of Desi people online. I was amazed when I saw just how much people visit Desi chatroom and honestly I was very excited. It’s not easy, growing up in another country and sometimes it was really frustrating to see that people don’t quite understand me. Luckily, I found a lot of people that I can relate to, share my thoughts with and just spend time with them.

I am pretty conservative and I really wanted to spend time with people who will understand that- luckily for me I have found them. I also learned a lot about India and the way people live there now. This experience has taught me to be proud of who I am and also to be proud of my origins and culture. When you live in a place that is a melting pot of cultures you have a chance to learn all about different traditions and I cherish this experience too- however, sometimes it might leave you a bit lost. That’s exactly why I think it’s important that I had a chance to spend time with people who are just like me at Desi cam chat and just share my own values with them. I found new friends and I learned to respect my origins even more.

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар